Second Chance Saturdays: Free Legal Clinic for Criminal Expungement
Get Your Criminal Record Sealed: Free Legal Assistance
Date: Saturday, November 11, 2023
Time: 11:30am – 3:00pm
Location: Sabathani Community Center
No Appointment Needed! Walk-Ins Welcome!
Are you looking to seal your criminal record? The Volunteer Lawyers Network is here to help! Join us on the second Saturday of every month for FREE legal assistance with expungements.
What We Offer:
- Eligibility Screening: Determine your eligibility for expungement.
- Petition Assistance: Get help with filling out petitions and fee waivers.
- Expert Advice: Receive guidance on serving and filing petitions.
For the assessment process, it’s helpful if you can bring your Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA) records. You can obtain those records in one of two ways:
Option 1: In-Person
- Visit the BCA office in St. Paul with a valid photo ID.
- Fill out a request form in their lobby.
- They will take your fingerprints and charge you $8.
- Address: 1430 Maryland Ave. E., St. Paul, MN 55106
- Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:15am – 4:00pm
Option 2: Mail Request
- Mail a written and notarized request to the BCA, including:
- Your name and date of birth
- Any other names you use or have used
- A personal check, money order, or cashier’s check for $8.00 made payable to “BCA”
- A self-addressed stamped envelope for the response.
- Send mail requests to:
Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension CHA Unit
1430 Maryland Ave. E
St. Paul, MN 55106
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the Volunteer Lawyers Network Program Coordinator Katherine Johnson at 612-752-6605.
Don’t miss this opportunity to clear your record and get a fresh start!