Second Chance Saturdays: Free Informational Session for Criminal Expungement
Free Informational Session for Getting Your Criminal Record Sealed
Date: Saturday, December 9, 2023
Time: 11:30am – 3:00pm
Location: Sabathani Community Center
No appointment needed! Walk-ins welcome!
Are you looking to seal your criminal record? This month, a representative from the Volunteer Lawyers Network will be available to share information about what’s involved with getting a criminal expungement. This informational session will also be offered on the second Saturday in January, and then in February, volunteer lawyers will be present to assist further with the criminal expungement process (including assessment for eligibility and filling out paperwork).
For the assessment process, it’s helpful if you can bring your Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA) records. You can obtain those records in one of two ways:
Option 1: In-Person
- Visit the BCA office in St. Paul with a valid photo ID.
- Fill out a request form in their lobby.
- They will take your fingerprints and charge you $8.
- Address: 1430 Maryland Ave. E., St. Paul, MN 55106
- Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:15am – 4:00pm
Option 2: Mail Request
- Mail a written and notarized request to the BCA, including:
- Your name and date of birth
- Any other names you use or have used
- A personal check, money order, or cashier’s check for $8.00 made payable to “BCA”
- A self-addressed stamped envelope for the response.
- Send mail requests to:
Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension CHA Unit
1430 Maryland Ave. E
St. Paul, MN 55106
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the Volunteer Lawyers Network Program Coordinator Katherine Johnson at 612-752-6605.